This course is currently full and online booking is not possible. Please call 03000 41 40 25* to put your name on a waiting list and register your interest. We will then contact you directly if we can accommodate you.
Please note: due to the current Covid 19 health emergency, this course will be delivered by online/real time methods.
During this course we will reference the garden and/or smaller landscape to create observational studies in mixed media pencil, pen, ink and colour using a limited palette. The methods will be based on Cas Holmes' specific approaches working in the landscape with an opportunity to looking at how she snatched quick sketches on her daily exercise in lock-down
In this course you will be able to:-
- Explore the use of techniques and of different media in the creation of work inspired by our gardens and local landscape.
- Look at the value of greens and a natural palette.
- Develop some of your own projects when working in outside spaces.
- Progress with the development of sketchbook work to support studies.
Who is the tutor?
About the Tutor: Cas Holmes
Cas Holmes is a professional fine artist with over thirty years experience. She trained in the UK at UCA Maidstone and also in Japan, India and Canada. She teaches internationally and is the author of The Found Object in Textile Art, Connected Cloth and soon to be published Stitch Stories.
How will I be taught?
This course will be delivered online. Students will join the class from home and be able to exchange and interact with other learners as they would in the classroom (speaking and listening).
Tutors will aim to use a variety of methods including email, Zoom, assignment setting and personal critique/assessment feedback. There may also be recorded and live video contact where appropriate and possible. You will be contacted and receive instructions nearer the start date of the course.
What do I need to bring with me?
Please do not buy anything especially for the course use what you have already that you think will be useful, basic art kit; pencils and some sort of colour medium that you enjoy using i.e:-
- Watercolour or other paint media and equipment. Small pots for water
- Basic drawing media including black fine point pens or a biro (waterproof and non waterproof) dipping pens if you have them.
- Watercolour paper or good cartridge drawing paper.
- Masking tape.
- Work from drawings or photographs made outside or collect references from books and internet.
- Any references you can find relating to the garden/ landscape and to share with others. Sources could be magazines, photos, own studies, objects, music, poems
What can I do next?
Can lead to further studies in art classes, Your tutor will be able to advise. You can also visit our website at www.kentadulteducation.co.uk for information on all our art courses.
What do I need to join the course
Suitable for those with some experience.
You can access the class from your computer equipped with a camera and a microphone, from a laptop (where the camera and microphone should be built-in), a tablet or a smartphone. Before the lesson, the tutor may send you by email essential lesson information/handouts for you to consult in advance, and before the class starts, the tutor will have sent you by email an invitation to join, which will be a simple weblink to click. The system is free and easy to use. Should you have questions about the required equipment, please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone or by email. Instructions are also available on our website www.kentadulteducation.co.uk.
Joining your course
Real time Online
Instructions will be sent to you by your tutor
If you require any information about this location then please call 03000 41 40 25* and quote the Course Code MAI/103277/H/LC.