This course in New Romney is a low to medium impact exercise to music class, using some resistance equipment to tone and sculpt your body and includes floor based strength and flexibility exercises.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the importance of good posture, balance and core strength
- Perform muscle, strength and endurance exercises
- Locate muscle groups
- Practise cardiovascular moves
- Exercise independently to music with minimal guidance
- Identify specific exercises for personal use outside of the class.
- Use basic resistance equipment safely
- Recount at least three ways in which exercises can benefit health and wellbeing throughout various life stages.
Who is the tutor?
About the Tutor: Jill Wraight
Jill Wraight is a qualified Keep fit Association teacher and has taught exercise to music classes for over 30 years keeping up to date on current ideas and fitness trends. Her classes are suited to those who wish to work at their own ability to improve and maintain their current fitness levels. Exercises are designed to work on core stability, flexibility and muscle toning. Jill also incorporates a warm up and a cool down stretch together with a fun element of a simple choreographed dance routine.
How will I be taught?
You will be taught by a qualified instructor. Teaching methods will include demonstration, explanation, discussion and times for question and answer sessions. Your tutor will demonstrate movements and talk you through all exercises. You will be carefully observed to ensure that you are working safely and be encouraged to monitor and record your progression on the course. At the end of the course you and your tutor are asked to assess the progress you have made.
Your tutor will discuss your progress with you and give you feedback. You will be encouraged to record your progress on an Individual Learning Plan.
What do I need to bring with me?
You will need supportive, comfortable clothing that allows ease of movement. Trainers which offer support must be worn. You may be advised not to take part if you are not dressed appropriately.
Students will need a mat to work on. Please avoid eating one and a half hours prior to exercising.
What can I do next?
Specialist advice is available from your tutor to help identify the next suitable course for you. Alternatively visit our website www.kentadulteducation.co.uk.
What do I need to join the course
No previous knowledge or experience is required. This course has been designed for the active, older adult but is open to anyone who would like to improve their fitness and health or maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Please take a moment to consider the list below. If you have suffered from any of the conditions listed, please check with a medical practitioner whether it is suitable for you to undertake an exercise programme and bring a referral letter from your doctor to your tutor. If you have not checked, or if it is not suitable, please do not participate in this class.
- Do you ever have pains in your chest?
- Have you had any operations or injuries in the last year?
- Do you often feel faint or have spells of dizziness?
- Are you receiving medication for any condition?
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem, such as Arthritis, Osteoporosis, back or knee problems?
Getting to your course
New Romney Town Council
If you require any information about this location then please call 03000 41 22 22* and quote the Course Code ASH/105477/K/NC.
E-newsletter sign up
Fill out the form below to sign up to emailer. You’ll get the very latest news, events and new courses.