Powered by Translate
As a learner with CLS you will be entitled to:
- Respect at all times.
- The right to be and feel safe at all times.
- The right to be treated fairly and learn in a place that is free from discrimination, harassment or bullying.
- Fair and prompt action by our staff to deal with any discriminatory incident.
- A safe and pleasant learning environment with good facilities and appropriate resources for your course of study.
- Clear and accessible communication with us.
- Full and accurate information about our courses, including any entry requirements, the content and level of the course and what you can expect to learn.
- Clear information on how much you will have to pay, any additional costs you can expect and what financial help you may be entitled to.
- An individual learning plan that will enable you to chart your progress and achievements.
- Help and support with any special learning requirements you may have.
- A response to your particular requirements if you tell us about a disability.
- Experienced and well-trained tutors, teaching to CLS quality standards in line with Ofsted requirements.
- Prompt and constructive assessment on your progress throughout your course.
- Impartial information and advice on your next steps in learning.
- Notification of any changes to your class or programme to be given as quickly as possible. Confidentiality of your personal records in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- The opportunity to give feedback on your course or training.
- The opportunity to be involved in the development of our services.
- Complaints to be handled quickly and sympathetically
As a learner with CLS you will be expected to:
- Behave in a way that respects the needs of all others to teach, learn and work.
- Behave in a way that does not put yourself or others in danger and follow our Health and Safety, Equality and Diversify, Safeguarding and Prevent regulations.
- Avoid any language or behaviour that others may find unkind, discriminatory or offensive.
- Respect the property of KCC, of staff and of other learners.
- Help us keep our buildings and equipment clean, tidy and safe and use our resources efficiently.
- Pay all course fees, examination fees and other advertised charges on time.
- Tell us if you have a disability that may affect your learning or using any of our services.
- Attend classes or training regularly and notify us if you are unable to attend. *
- Be on time, as lateness can disrupt the learning of others. *
- Study to the best of your ability, participate as requested in learning activities and hand in set work on time. *
- Complete all forms and other paperwork required by CLS and government funding agencies.
- Participate in course feedback and review.
- Inform us of your views of our services including any suggestions for improvements.
*We shall always make reasonable adjustments to these requirements if regular attendance and/or handing work in on time is difficult due to a disability
What do you think?
- What you think is important to us.
- We promise to deal with any complaints quickly.
- We will listen to you and try to make things better.
Click here to download the full Learner Charter
Contribute a better translation