Kent Adult Education Online Courses will soon become available with the Zoom App. This application is very easy to use and will allow you to enjoy stimulating lessons with your tutor whilst staying at home. Find out how to download and use Zoom below.
1. Download the Zoom app onto your smartphone or tablet or follow this link on your laptop. Due to screen size, tablets and laptops will make it easier for you to see your tutor.
2. When you receive the link to join the class, click on the link (this will launch in the app) and type a screen name when joining.
3. You will probably be asked to enable things such as your microphone, camera and audio – click 'OK' when prompted.
4. You can choose a photo for your profile via settings if you want.
5. Please tell your tutor whether you are using a smartphone, tablet or laptop if you can.
6. Prior to your lesson you should ensure you have any equipment you need and a suitable space to work.
7. When your lesson is due to start you will receive either an email or text message – depending on the device you are using.
Text message – click on the blue Zoom box at the top right of the message.
Email – click on the link in the email you received inviting you to join a Zoom meeting.
8. You will now connect to your tutors meeting - be patient as the connection may take a minute or two, once connected you will be able to see your tutor and your fellow students. Enjoy your lesson!