How will I be taught?
Craft courses provide an opportunity for you to learn and develop skills, techniques and understand how to design for a chosen craft to a higher level. Tutors will use a variety of teaching methods including demonstration, instructions, one-to-one tutorial guidance, group discussions and critiques.
What do I need to bring with me?
Please bring with you:-
A minimum of 2 fat quarters (or the equivalent amount of fabric) to make a glasses case. For more variety or more colourful patchwork, you may wish to bring more fabrics to work with you. Smaller pieces will work well.
• 1/2m x Medium-weight cotton or polyester wadding
• A minimum of 4 fat quarters for the place mats, again smaller pieces will work as well.
• 1 metre of co-ordinating fabric to be used on the back of the place mats, and the binding.
• Sewing thread – cotton or polyester
• Sewing kit to include sewing needles, pins, small pair of scissors, large fabric scissors, pencil, rotary cutter and cutter board (if you don’t want to cut the fabrics out with scissors), and glasses if necessary. Some rotary cutters and cutter boards are available at the centre for you to use if you don't have your own.
What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of Patchwork and Quilting courses. Your tutor will be able to advise, alternatively please visit our website at www.kentadulteducation.co.uk for more details.
What do I need to join the course
All students are welcome on this course as it assumes you have no knowledge of the subject.
It is important to note that craft courses are practical and require a degree of manual dexterity.